Sea-Land Chemical Company Careers: Join Our Team!
We are 100-percent employee-owned with an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). This means our entire team is invested in our success. Please send your resumé to HR@sealandchem.com.
Degree and Skills:
Technical Degree: Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or equivalent
Experience working in a chemistry laboratory desirable
Willingness to learn operations and marketing aspects of the business
Support technical department with projects and requests related to the technical application of our products
Support laboratory testing projects and maintenance of lab equipment (calibration, cleaning, reports)
Assist marketing department with market research projects and reporting
Assist operations in other special projects
This is a paid internship position.
The customer service specialist reports to the director of commercial operations. They take ownership of customer sales orders and inquiries and coordinates with other departments to fulfill the order. All inquiries for the position should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to customer requests and provides positive, courteous service to customers. Receives customer orders and processes the order in a timely and professional manner that is consistent with established procedures.
- Works with Supply Chain and Sales Departments to expedite or ensure timely delivery of scheduled shipments; maintains close liaison with other departments to carry orders through to completion.
- Follow-up on order-related customer inquiries. If questions arise discuss with Customer Service Supervisor or respective Regional or National Account Manager.
- Release orders with warehouse and suppliers. Follow up as needed. Resolve customer problems when possible. If unable to resolve favorably, see Customer Service Team Leader, Director of Commercial Operations or VPSales.
- Initiate nonconformance process if applicable.
- Initiate new customer approval procedure, including establishing the new customer account Maintain and update all files pertaining to Customer Service -Customer special instructions -Required forms (TTR, Terms of Sale Etc.)
- Prepares nonconformance for returned goods paperwork, and coordinates with Supply Chain and Accounting.
- Responsible for managing logistics and obtaining freight quotes as instructed.
- Provides quoting back up for the Sales Administrative Assistant.
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
Great Experience. Better Life.
At Sea-Land Chemical Company, we believe that our purpose is simple: To create a great experience for you. When we do that, life is better, for you, and for us. These might seem like bold statements, but they are not. They are our promises to you, and to us.
Always Looking for Good Team Members!
We routinely look for ways to help one another in our day to day work. We will not let each other fail.
We think of each other as family members. We will be kind and respectful to each other, all the time.
We are kind and compassionate, and support each other in good times and in bad.
As employee-owners, we look out for the company by doing what is right for our customers, our business partners, and ourselves.