Sea-Land Chemical Company Careers: Join Our Team!
We are 100-percent employee-owned with an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). This means our entire team is invested in our success. Please send your resumé to HR@sealandchem.com.
The supply chain analyst reports to the director of commercial operations. They coordinate activities with all departments and work closely with customer service, supply chain accounting and product management. All inquiries for the position should be emailed to email@example.com.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs business analytics including the establishment and continued tracking of metrics in supply chain and across all company departments as needed.
- Breaks down problems and issues into sub-components and then assesses the costs, benefits and risks of various options prior to selecting a particular approach.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical procurement of inventory and supplies in relationship to company's cost of capital. Prepares reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments as needed.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested; including closing purchase orders, processing supplier returns, receipting inventory into the computer systems and processing Certificate of Analysis.
- Examine workflow and recommend ways to streamlines processes within the entire supply chain and increase customer satisfaction.
- Quantitative analysis to include data mining, cost benefit analysis and database management. Responsible for efficient procurement of inventory for the company. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
- Responsible for evaluating and assessing vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality. Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records. Prepares and issues purchase orders; verifies prices and delivery. Buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Additional responsibilities as needed include processing transfers, preparing items for disposal, repackaging and freight classification.
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned. Assists in the development, implementation and continued improvement of the Company’s Business Policy and Risk Management policies and procedures.
The customer service specialist reports to the director of commercial operations. They take ownership of customer sales orders and inquiries and coordinates with other departments to fulfill the order. All inquiries for the position should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to customer requests and provides positive, courteous service to customers. Receives customer orders and processes the order in a timely and professional manner that is consistent with established procedures.
- Works with Supply Chain and Sales Departments to expedite or ensure timely delivery of scheduled shipments; maintains close liaison with other departments to carry orders through to completion.
- Follow-up on order-related customer inquiries. If questions arise discuss with Customer Service Supervisor or respective Regional or National Account Manager.
- Release orders with warehouse and suppliers. Follow up as needed. Resolve customer problems when possible. If unable to resolve favorably, see Customer Service Team Leader, Director of Commercial Operations or VPSales.
- Initiate nonconformance process if applicable.
- Initiate new customer approval procedure, including establishing the new customer account Maintain and update all files pertaining to Customer Service -Customer special instructions -Required forms (TTR, Terms of Sale Etc.)
- Prepares nonconformance for returned goods paperwork, and coordinates with Supply Chain and Accounting.
- Responsible for managing logistics and obtaining freight quotes as instructed.
- Provides quoting back up for the Sales Administrative Assistant.
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
Great Experience. Better Life.
At Sea-Land Chemical Company, we believe that our purpose is simple: To create a great experience for you. When we do that, life is better, for you, and for us. These might seem like bold statements, but they are not. They are our promises to you, and to us.
Always Looking for Good Team Members!
We routinely look for ways to help one another in our day to day work. We will not let each other fail.
We think of each other as family members. We will be kind and respectful to each other, all the time.
We are kind and compassionate, and support each other in good times and in bad.
As employee owners, we look out for the company by doing what is right for our customers, our business partners, and ourselves.