Sea-Land Chemical Company Announces New Promotions
March 5, 2018
Westlake, OH, March 5, 2018– Sea-Land Chemical Company is pleased to announce the following promotions within the company, effective as of January 1, 2018. Jennifer Altstadt was appointed as President of the company by the Board of Director’s, previously serving as Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations and Strategic Planning for the past two years. Jennifer was the President of Weatherchem and Libra Industries for 14 years before joining Sea-Land.
“With the realignment of the operations and management team, Sea-Land is well positioned to provide exemplary service and support to our business partners now and into the future,” states Jennifer Altstadt, President. “Our goal is to deliver greater value by being more efficient, more flexible and more focused on creating a Great Experience and Better Life for our customers, suppliers and employees.”
Along with the appointment of Altstadt, the following changes have been made to the executive and senior management teams:
- Craig Lundell was promoted to Sr. Vice President of Commercial Operations for the US and Europe. In this new role, Craig leads all the commercial operations for the company, which includes supplier relations, supply chain, customer service and marketing.
- Christy Henley has been selected as the new Vice President of Sales for the company. Christy is supported by an experienced sales team of 12 account managers in the US.
- Jack McKenna, in addition to his current roles as National Account Manager and Vice President of Business Development, will support the growth of the business in Canada as the new Vice President of Sea-Land Chemical Canada, Ltd.
- Mark Christeon has taken on the role of National Account Manager for strategic accounts. Mark also has responsibility for business development efforts in Mexico and Latin America.
- Sakura Olah, after 20 years of leading the customer service group for the company, has accepted the newly created position of Director of Business Processes. Sakura continues in her role as Director of International Operations for Sea-Land Chemical Canada, Ltd. and Sea-Land Chemical Europe Ltd.
- Jeff Levandowski, after serving for 10 years as Supply Chain Manager with the company, has been elevated to the Director of Commercial Operations position. Jeff assumes responsibility for directing the supply chain management and customer service functions of the business.
- Joe Ramey has been promoted from Controller to Director of Accounting and MIS (Controller), responsible for oversight and reporting of company financial results and management of information systems.
“We are enthusiastic about the recent changes and promotions within the organization”, said Don Smith, Chairman of the Board of Director’s. “We are confident that with Jennifer’s experience and leadership, Sea-Land will continue to reach new heights and achieve great success. Jennifer is surrounded by a talented team, a strong employee ownership culture, and a drive by all to succeed, positioning the Company to deliver maximum value to our stakeholders for many years to come.”
About Sea-Land Chemical Company
Founded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1964, Sea-Land Chemical Co. is an employee-owned distributor of specialty chemicals. The company provides a variety of products to the lubricants; household, industrial & institutional cleaner; coatings and adhesives; and rubber and plastics industries. The company employs technically adept sales professionals and serves markets across the United States and through its two subsidiaries, Canada and Europe. Currently, there are eight strategically located warehouses in North America and two warehouses in Europe.